Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Training Ground


To answer before listening-- that is folly and shame.Proverbs 18:13

How foolish to decide things without the facts. When we rush to judgment on something or make a decision before laying all the details out, big trouble could lie ahead. It sure is hard to wait. If we don't though misstakes can be made. I am trying to learn this lesson on my journey to get published. I will think I have found the perfect self publisher then something changes my opinion. In my rush to get my book into print I certainly do not want to do it any way but God's way. 

My training ground of sorts is waiting on God. Learning to be still. Learning to slow down. Learning to not jump to conclusions. Learning to have peace in the midst of chaos. This takes self control only given by the Holy Spirit.

Does God have you in a training ground to help you learn a spiritual lesson? Maybe it is an office where you need to learn to love your co workers. Perhaps it is with friends and rejection. Maybe it is learning to be content with what you have and not compare. Think on this for a moment and what is it you need to learn and sit at God's feet while you do?

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for the things you teach me in my day to day existence. When things fall apart maybe it is time I am still and figure out what it is I need to learn. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment