Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sunrise, Sunset.

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

When visiting the grave of a young friend recently I walked around and looked at a few other  graves. On one the tombstone read "Sunrise" for the birthdate and "Sunset" for the date of death. That is fitting as when we are born it is a new beginning and when we pass on the sun has set on our life. 
Are you making good use of the time in between sunrise and sunset? No one knows the time they will die. It could be today, tomorrow, or years from now. Live each day well and make it count for the kingdom. The earth we live on is so very temporary. We are supposed to be here to serve and glorify God. We do this as a mother, a father, a sibling,a co worker, a friend,an employee, and as a total stranger. Our light is to shine forth in the darkness of this present age to shine Christ's love to others. 

Are you living for the Lord in this present age or just here occupying space? When I say "living for the Lord" I do not mean just attending church but truly making Him Lord of your life. Give it some thought. What changes do you need to make to really give God the time He deserves everyday? 

PRAYER: At times Lord I have gotten consumed in my own little world and forget to even give you any quality time. Help me arrange my schedule so I never shut you out. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment