Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Blossoms And Thorns


Do not be deceived. God can not be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Galatians 6:7
As I picked green beans in my garden recently I was getting poked by thorns from weeds which had intermingled with the vegetables. I had not weeded the garden and consequently weeds with thorns sprung up. This gave me an idea for a devotion as many things in everyday life do.

Lush green beans represent your life as a believer. The weeds and thorns represent Satan and sin that comes in to trap us and choke the spirit out of us. If we allow sin to control our life we won't produce spiritual fruit. As we try to navigate through life still not getting sinful things from our life we can get pricked with thorns. 

God is good and His garden does not have weeds, overgrown brush, and things that stick us. "Weed" your spiritual garden of anything that could choke your Christian life out of you. Read the Bible for it is like the food that helps growth occur. Now go bloom for Jesus. 

PRAYER: I want to bloom for you Lord. Help me be aware of weeds of sin that try to choke the spiritual life out of me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment