Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

You Have Need Of Patience


Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

As I sat gazing at a lady in her van at a coffee shop, myself being inside by the register, as we both waited and waited and waited some more for our order, I simply smiled at her and shrugged. Why get upset? Our world is so much for instant everything. That is not God's way. When things don't happen fast or according to our time table it is easy to give up or get mad.

This is not what God wants. Throughout the Bible are stories of waiting. Man's way is always rushing and getting things now. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, God does not operate according to our rules. I know I am thankful for that! His plan is better and sometimes it involves waiting.

Do you have a problem with trusting God and waiting? Just as a farmer waits for a crop or lady  waits for her newborn baby, we too need to develop patience so as to not wreck God's plan.

PRAYER:Lord I am thankful for the times I learned to wait and want to forget the times I messed things up by not. Thanks for guiding me along the way. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment