Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Close Calls



I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

 Recently as I sat down to write and turned on my computer, Facebook stuff popped up. I read for first  post where my daughter in law had been hit by a car while riding her bike to work that morning.After a call to my son I was cool, she is okay but 3000 miles away. After I waited, and tried to get to writing, the tears came. I was so thankful she was okay. For a brief moment I experienced the panic that sets in when a family member finds out something is wrong with another family member. Both my son and his wife are medical professionals so deal with hurting families all the time and now they were the hurting family.

 Have you gone through the unimaginable where you are enjoying a wonderful day then comes the dreaded phone call? This call changes your day and sometimes your life. A car accident. A son or daughter injured or killed in the war. A parent has died. Whatever the news we are never really ready to have it happen. There is never a good time.

The first thing to try to do is remain as calm as possible and to pray. Prayer has a way of soothing your soul in the toughest of times. Just try to get alone and be calm with God and let Him do the rest. Above all be thankful for those around you daily!

PRAYER: Lord you are my great comfort in the trials of life. When the unexpected happens you are there. Oh Lord I thank you for watching over me and my family. I praise your name forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lord Jesus: Thank You for being with Becky's daughter-in-law, Bless Becky and her family. Be with them when they have needs. In the name of Jesus, I pray. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Cecelia! I appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete