Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Problem Solver



I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
A new business sprang up in my town with a sign the same as my title. It does not indicate it is a counseling service but simply has a phone number to call. Interesting approach to being an entrepreneur. But what kind of problems do you suppose people will call in with? Leaky faucet? Disobedient children? Abusive spouse? Problem weeds? Out of control pets? Mechanical problems? I am not sure and I certainly hope the person on the other end of the line is prepared to do referrals.

All of us have problems in life. They may not occur daily but things are bound to occur that will be put in the 'problem' category. It is how we deal with problems that matters. Do we melt down or do we realize 'this to shall pass'?  God can and will see you through if you cry out to Him. First thing to ask is if you are living  for Him or do you just give Him lip service and one hour on Sunday? You can handle things better when you have been equipped by studying  God's manual for life, The Bible. If you have not made a regular habit of reading God's word for whatever reason, why not change that today. If you are uncertain where to begin just start in the book of John. Also Psalms and Proverbs  and ideal places to read. The whole Bible is ideal but saying "I will read through the Bible" may not necessarily be the best method as you have a worthy goal but may be just doing it for a goal. Do a subject study. Just ask God to give you a hunger to know Him better. When you keep away from God's word you are making Satan so happy.

Today start calling out to God not just in problem times but all the time. 

PRAYER: You are my Lord and my God. I thirst for you in this dry and hungry land. Father I know you can give peace in the midst of problems. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment