Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Love That Person, And That Person, And That Person Too!



Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1
It is easy to look at someone and not know their 'story' and to form an opinion or judgment about them. I have done it and I am trying to stop it with God's help. One solution to it is to go through your day and when you tend to want to be judgmental instead silently say "I love that person" and so on. Try to look at all people through the eyes of Jesus and with compassion. If we are naming the name of Jesus and are to be His hands and feet here on Earth then we certainly do not want to go about our day being silently critical and judging our fellow man. 
Maybe you were brought up in a home where there was a critical spirit. If so recognize that and confess it and then it is time to move beyond that. Do not use the past as an excuse for everything. I know it is hard to be with people who constantly find fault with others and you certainly do not want to be one of those. Maybe you do it and are not even aware of it.
Try to start each day out and make up your mind that nothing bad will come from your mouth, and  that you will control your thought life as well. Satan wants you to be critical and condemn as then you do not make a very good example for Christ. Go into the world today and love others and speak kindly of them. 

PRAYER: I want to be more like you Jesus in what I think, say, and do. Forgive me if I have ever formed judgments against my fellow man. It is not my place to judge but to love. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment