Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Summer Vacation Is Over


 Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy is one of the Ten Commandments we learn as new believers. Even non believers are exposed to this. Many want to discount it as the law, and  say the law has passed away. The Ten Commandments used to be displayed in public school classrooms and the world was better for it.

Vacations are winding up during this Labor Day weekend. Schools in some places have not yet started like the ones here in the Southeast where I am. Often in the summer, vacations are taken away from church as well, as doing fun stuff is so much more important we rationalize."I don't need to be in a church, I worship outside", I have heard some say. Really? Not trying to judge as maybe some folks do. I attended a service once at the top of a mountain while snow skiing in Colorado. But let's face it. It is so much easier to not pack a Bible and not even take time to pray. I am not perfect as I have at times not made it a priority. We all slip-up sometime.

Now that summer is nearing an end why not make a fall resolution to make God and fellowship first place in your busy schedule. He needs you. Do you need Him? I hope so.

 PRAYER: I need you oh I need you. Every hour I need you. I asks forgiveness when I  have put my own pleasure before you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Click on link for a praise song to get your day started:
http://youtu.be/JiD0_Krgbo4

No comments:

Post a Comment