Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Stop Your Murmuring, Christian!



 Do everything without grumbling or arguing. Philippians 2:14

Murmuring, gossip, and complaining are not a good thing for believers. It is so easy to fall into that trap though. How many of us maybe go to church, sing the hymns, pray the prayers and feel all holy, then walk out the door and complain about traffic getting out of the church parking lot? Perhaps we grumble at the local restaurant when not served in a timely manner?  Yikes but we may even say something unflattering about the pastor?

Today is the day to stop this very bad habit. If you are honest with yourself we probably all have done it. Satan rejoices over complaining, grumbling believers as it is sure not a very good witness or a way to get closer to God.

If you know this is you ask God to transfer you into His image to include His speech. Try your best, with God's help, to start off right controlling the words that spew forth from the mouth that is supposed to be spiritual.

PRAYER: I have been at fault in this area Lord and I ask forgiveness. I know Satan is joyful when I fall into his trap of doing this. I choose to let my words bring glory not shame. Help me. In Jesus'  name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. When I had to do tasks I didn't like, I would grumble. One day, I approached one of those tasks without grumbling. It took less time to do it than before.
    I learned a lesson that I have tried not to forget.Task +grumbling = 2X task-grumbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning myself. My therapy is my writing.

    ReplyDelete