Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hurting World Needs Prayer and Care


Whoever mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker, and whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished. Proverbs 17:5

 On a recent visit to New Orleans to primarily see The World War 2 Museum, I had to satisfy my curiosity and see the famed Bourbon Street. It is sadly famous for the wrong reason. I should have been 'prayer walking' as I made my way past bars and adult entertainment venues. Some said to me "Why would you even want to see it?" One thing is for sure it made me see the need for prayer in a huge way. I can not even begin to describe the scenes I saw. Thankfully I exited after only ten minutes walking to a safer, quieter, calmer street where we ate supper. There is way more to see in this wonderful city.

This world is full of sad and hurting people and many of them were there on Bourbon Street. These hurting people are on street corners in many of our cities. The product of fatherless homes perhaps, broken marriages, economic downturn, mental illness, abuse, alcoholism or drugs. Only God knows. We are not sent to judge but to pray and reach out and help. It is only the grace of God that keeps us from being on a curb somewhere. We do not know everyone's story so it is best to not judge.

Today when you have the opportunity, first thank God for where He has you in life and look around and see if there is someone who needs a loving touch or smile or even help with a need in their life.

PRAYER: Give me eyes to see and be aware of hurting people beyond my protective 'bubble' Lord. Help me to remember to pray and show your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment