Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our Stuff



Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 1 Timothy 6:17

This week here in my area we were under tornado threats for several hours on two consecutive days. I really had peace but still had to stay weather aware and be alert to danger. As my husband and I decided that we needed to prepare to go in our underground shelter we started putting important things in it such as purse, laptop, lockboxes which contained important documents. No time or space for all the sentimental things we do not want to have blown away somewhere. Turned out we escaped but many a few miles away did not. My husband found some siding and other pieces of metal in our field which probably blew in from Athens about 18 miles away. 

When you think of preparing for things like this you may be like me and say "I want my grandmas' quilts, special Bibles, pictures, sentimental trinkets and other odds and ends." Truth of the matter is only your life is worth saving. Ask anyone who has been in a tornado such as the F5 we had here three years ago. Those victims were just happy to be alive and were grateful when they found a photograph or important document in the rubble. Often times it had blown miles away. 

We certainly can not trust in our stuff. It will not save us nor can we gather it all up to take to heaven with us. Be thankful for life.

PRAYER: I pray for those who lost loved ones in the past weeks' tornadoes and pray for the first responders who are right in the midst of the destruction. Thank you for the blessings of my material possessions but help me not get too attached to them. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment