Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Family Is Forever



From  birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you. Psalm 71:6

Today is my older sister's birthday. Everyone thinks she looks younger but I am not mad.  I am so thankful to have her in my life and to have a good relationship. I know of a family right now here in Tennessee where two brothers have not spoken in over six years over something that could be taken care of by simply being humble and saying forgive me. Marriages could be saved if spouses would just talk and be able to forgive.

I talk about Satan lots and that is not to glorify him because he is a destroyer, but it is simply to magnify the fact to believer's that we need to defeat him at his game. He is tricky and works undercover to weave his web of destruction. He loves to destroy families. If you tear apart the family you can cripple this great nation. If you do not acknowledge he is real and out to get you then he is overjoyed. Too many churches do not mention spiritual warfare. My friend, it is real. 

So back to my wonderful sister. She is a blessing who I thank God for. I am blessed by a wonderful family. Hold on to yours tight and if you are estranged do the right thing and reconcile. You will be thankful for it. 

PRAYER: Lord you are good and your mercies endure forever. Thank you for the gift of family. Thank you for birthdays. Help me not dread getting older but be thankful for each year. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment