Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

No Looking Back


Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these?" For it is not wise to ask such questions. Ecclesiastes 7:10

Many times in the Bible it refers to not looking back and looking ahead. The past is over and nothing can be done to bring it back. No time machine has been invented to do that. I love thinking about the future because it indicates a chance to start over and do things differently. Remember what happened to Lots' wife in Genesis 19:26 when she turned around to look at the place she was leaving? She became a pillar of salt. Pretty bizarre but true.

I love to run and do not enter races like I used to, but when I did, I would not turn around and look at who was behind me but instead focused on the finish line ahead. I had to focus on doing my best and not being concerned about those behind me.

If there is something in life you can not stop thinking about and are harboring regret and remorse the best thing you can do is to charge forward asking God to help you focus on the future and learn from the past.

PRAYER: Today I want to start fresh not looking back and continually wishing I could do something different. I need your help Lord to focus on the here and now and grow from any past failures. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment