Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Arrived? Not Yet!


 Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

Every day I get up and I pray for God to keep me humble, use me, help me love and not hate, watch what I say, and to forget the past. It is an ongoing thing especially when there are hurts in life that human nature says to get even for. Dwelling on stuff does not get you closer to the Lord but instead just allows the enemy to drag you deeper into his pit. Jealousy,  anger, and hurt may still pop up, but I know the Lord loves me and will help me defeat the enemy at his tricks.

None of us have "arrived" so to speak. When you get to thinking you are pretty good and pretty holy, look out. None of us is perfect and each of us are a work in progress. Remember in Romans 3:23 it says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Keep looking to Jesus for it is only through Him that we eventually arrive.

PRAYER: I know I am not where I need to be but am thankful for the progress I make daily to be drawn closer to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment