Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Don't Be Afraid


For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Many things can cause anxiety such as tornado sirens screaming out, earthquakes, war, floods, heights, dying, getting cancer, snakes, bees,  and spiders. You can probably add to the list. God does not want His children afraid but wants them peaceful. Recently with the outbreaks of  F3 tornadoes in our area there were some anxious moments but I felt a sense of calmness through all those sirens going off.


Our enemy Satan loves it when God's children become fearful. If you get fearful it means your mind is off of God and onto being afraid. This is a time when you are having a weak moment and he likes to take advantage of you. Do not allow things to scare you. Know that Christ has your back so to speak. Know that you can rely on God to see you through and give you the peace only He provides.

PRAYER: Many things can frighten me Lord if I purposely choose to let them. I know you are my hiding place and I can trust you to care for me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment