Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

RECHARGE YOUR BATTERY


Mobile communication devices, known as cell phones, not only sometimes need a Wi Fi connection but they are also in need of keeping a "charge" or the battery runs out. On a recent trip to our Nations Capitol mine "died" numerous times and I had no place to plug it in. Now I have bought a portable charger for the next time.

Charging a cell phone only once a week would not get service for very long. People are so concerned about losing contact with the outside world when their battery dies, but what about the "spiritual" battery? By this I mean that one hour in church plus a whole lot more. A one hour "pep talk" in church each Sunday is not adequate for keeping your "spiritual battery" charged.

So what to do you, might say? First, fall in love with Jesus! Next, make Bible reading a daily priority. It is only through looking at "His book" and getting the words of Christ inside of you that you will be able to grow and be fully prepared to keep going and going and going.

Matthew 5:6(NIV) says 'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.' Why not go to God's "charging station" today and fill your mind with the things of Christ in order to keep going when life throws you a curve ball.

PRAYER: Today Lord I am sorry to say I have not always picked up the word of God. Sometimes not even on Sunday. Forgive me for allowing the enemy to put thoughts in my head that Sunday was "enough". I need to have you in my life around the clock in order to keep charged up for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment