Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

BE GOOD TO MOMMY DAY


 When I was a child there was a 45 rpm record(like a CD for those clueless to what I mean) or a television show with
a little song that said "It's another be good to mommy day" and how true that is and was! Be good to your mommy's if you are still blessed to have them here on Earth. That little song still sticks in my brain to this day years later.

We are all here because of a mommy and of course a daddy too. There may be some who experience hurt and pain when thinking of their mommy's and want nothing to do with her. But she gave you life!

The key to any relationship is to be able to truly let go of hurt and pain and forgive. Your mom may have been terrific and a best friend to you or she may have been an alcoholic who abandoned you. There are many children today who are waiting for adoption or born into a single parent household. The children did not ask to be hurt or left behind or sold as sex slaves or whatever be the case. If your time with your mommy was great, rejoice! If not let go and forgive.

Today is not Mother's Day but we are to show honor, respect, and love to our moms all the time. Perhaps you were adopted, then guess what? You were chosen!

Better yet, God chose all of us and loves each of us deeply. It says in Psalm 139:13(NIV) says 'For you created my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother's womb.' Maybe there are those of you out there who were rejected by your parents or your mom, well in Psalm 27:10(NIV) we are told 'though my father and mother forsake me the Lord will receive me.'

You have no reason to feel rejected if your mom hurt you because Jesus is there and wants you to know He loves you so very much. He can heal the hurt and pain and restore hope and happiness.

I was blessed and still am thankfully, to have a wonderful mom who did so much for me. My dad died about 21 years ago but my mom is still doing well as she approaches 89. It is truly a blessing to have her and I am grateful to her for so much.
Today and every day take time to ponder all the great things both your parents did for you. If you are a new mom or dad look at the golden opportunity ahead to shape your child for The Lord. God only "loans" us our children anyway it says in 1 Samuel 1:28.If you are a mom pray daily for your children. I prayed for mine even before they were born. God in fact hears and answers prayers.


Today take time to forgive and let go of pain if you did not have the really good relationship. God can redeem, restore, and rejuvenate your life so let him.
PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the gift of moms. Thank you for the miracle of childbirth. Lord God without you and my parents I would not exist I know there is a plan for me no matter what my past or how old I am. Thank you Lord for your love. In Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment