Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 8, 2013

KEEP THAT HORN PUT AWAY

Have you ever been around people who like to tell others of their accomplishments or perhaps you have done it? Maybe it is an attempt to prove their worth or brag about an award or feat they achieved. Or it  might be purely unintentional. I admit I have been guilty of this and try not to. Perhaps you have the sticker on the car that says "My Child is an Honor Student". Or maybe a decal that says "26.2"? Recently I got convicted about a decal on my car and removed it. It simply said "I Served". I did not want to give the impression of boasting. Whatever it is we do is much nicer when someone else notices and praises us and not our own mouth. It is always best to try to stay humble. I feel it is something to pray for ourselves and everyone in our family.
Humility is a character trait to develop. Don't "toot your own horn" so to speak. The Bible says 'Let another praise you and not your own mouth'. Also the word of God says 'Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall' in Proverbs 16:18(NIV). Even when you do a good deed it is best not to go tell everyone. Proverbs 27:2(NIV) says '
Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.'

Would you rather be around someone who brags or a person who shows great interest in others? Get into the practice of trying to be interested in others.

Live for God and give Him the glory when you achieve an honor. There is nothing wrong with getting rewarded, being able to run marathons, being smart, and all sorts of other things but it is best to remember who it is who helped you achieve where you are. To God Be The Glory!

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord if I have ever "tooted my own horn". Help me to learn to take compliments graciously and to give you the glory for the wonderful things you have done. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for powerful song of praise.
http://youtu.be/0iZm9__sJL8

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these thoughts. We all need to be reminded that we can only do what we do through the power and action of God. I enjoyed the song of praise. Thank you for your writing. It is a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete