Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

HE'S GOT YOUR BACK

Recently I saw a tee shirt that had Jesus on it and on the back side said "He's got your back". This is a familiar phrase basically meaning "I'm right here with you and will protect you." In the award winning film "Blind Side" the actor who portrayed the future Baltimore Ravens star Michael Oher said that phrase to his adoptive mom played by actress Sandra Bullock as they walked through the inner city of Memphis. He was a very large young man and just looking at him you did not want to mess with him. He indeed "had their back".


Jesus always "has your back" and is watching you. This doesn't mean nothing bad will ever happen but that He is there taking care of you and seeing you through. When you know and believe He really does "hold the future" it makes it easier to get through some of the struggles that you may face in your lifetime.
Many readers may be familiar with the "footprints" poem where two sets of footprints were always there on the beach till the end when only one set was there in the sand. And remember the poem said something to the effect that "it was there when I carried you."
1 Peter 4:12-13(NIV) says 'Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." James 1:2-3(KJV) says 'My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience.'
Hang on my friend as Jesus really does "have your back".
PRAYER: Today Lord I take comfort in knowing you love me even when I feel abandoned. Sometimes I feel as if my prayers fall on deaf ears so forgive me. I know you love me and I know that you are working even when I do not see results. Help me to trust. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment