Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

LIVING IN PARADISE IS GREAT

 
My son and daughter in law live in a beautiful state dubbed by their license plates as "Vacationland". It is fun to get to live where everybody just dreams they will get to visit someday. Not that all states and countries don't have their high points, but to really live and experience these "dream areas" 24/7 is quite another thing. Sure you have to go to work to make money to enjoy them but it is worth it. I have lived in one such area on the coast of Central California for a little over two years and indeed it was a blessing. This place had a view from my second story apartment window of the coastline of California. It was beautiful.

As beautiful and fun that some places are in the world the best place yet is going to be heaven the real paradise. Scripture says in 1 Corinthians 2:9(NAS) that 'but just as it is written, "Things whicheye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man, all that God has prepared for those who love Him.'
As much as I get excited about the oceans, the sea shore, mountains or for some folks perhaps Disney Land does it for them, multiply that by the biggest number ever and we can not even begin to imagine what heaven is going to be like.

Streets of gold? Waterfalls? Perfect weather? No hatred? Peace? Pristine beaches? These are just some ideas. That verse says there is "no way" we can even comprehend it. John 14:1-4(NIV) says '“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going thereto prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

It is going to be a super place! Remember more than we can even imagine. Does that excite you? If it does why do you suppose so many people are afraid of death? Maybe they are not fully prepared to meet God upon their death. Perhaps people have an idea we will be sitting around playing harps and it will be boring. Friend it will not be boring. If you are not sure where you are going upon your death maybe it is time right now to ask Jesus to come into your heart and take control and be Lord of your life from this time forward. No one knows when they will breathe their last breath. Why not be sure?

PRAYER: Lord I am excited about what heaven will be like. As much as my mind can try to imagine you have said there is no way I possibly can. Oh lord I pray for my friends who are not sure about their salvation. Joining a church does not guarantee admission to the heavenly kingdom nor does just showing up at church for one hour each week. Lord Jesus today help me spread your love to others and be prepared to show others just how neat heaven will be. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link for an awesome praise song to go along with this devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment