Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

FAITH OR FEAR/PROBLEMS OR PROMISES?



In life we have choices. We can choose good or evil. Right over wrong. We can choose to have faith and trust God or to cave into fear the enemy puts in our hearts. We can choose to believe God's promises found in the Bible or to continually focus on problems in life. What do you choose?Trust God or let the enemy torment you?

Did you know God's word, The Bible, is filled with promises to help combat doubts and fears that may come your way. It is good to try to memorize as many of these as you are able in order to draw it from your "faith arsenal" to use against the enemy when he tries to make you feel hopeless and alone.

Here are just a few.
Hebrews 13:5(NIV) 'Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what have for God has said "never will I leave you nor forsake you."'

Proverbs 22:6(NIV) 'Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.'

Matthew 6:33(NIV) 'But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.'

Proverbs 3:5-6(NIV) 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding and in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.'

Philippians 4:19(KJV) 'But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.'

John 3:16(NIV) 'For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

There are many many more promises in God's word. Satan will do all in his power through a myriad of excuses and busyness to keep you from opening God's word each day. Is the newspaper going to comfort you and give you peace of mind? I don't think so. Will you be able to find the promises of God in a sports magazine? Probably not. The answer is to stay connected to God and His promises by making daily Bible reading a priority of each day.


What do you need to do in order to incorporate the promises in God's word into your life? Only you can answer that.

PRAYER: This is your day Lord. You gave it to me to serve you and to love you. Often I am fearful of things in the world around me because I dwell more on the news than I do the word of God. I plan to start anew to get my day planned where you are first, not just in my thoughts but it my habit of reading your word. Give me ability to do this with no excuses. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment