Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

THIRTY IS OLD? I DON'T THINK SO!

Depending how "young" you are in life and how many birthdays you have celebrated thirty may sound old. I can recall back when I was about 24, thinking 40 sounded horribly old. Today it seems young and I happen to not feel old either. It is all in your attitude and not in the mirror. The world seems to be down on being old and it is cool to be young. I mean how many commercials do you see with older people as the stars unless it is for aging? Many older person's have contributed a great deal to society. Do not let the lies of the enemy make you feel washed up if you are over 30, over 40, over 50, over 60 or whatever your age.
Each year of life is a gift from God. Age is not to be dreaded. Age is to be celebrated! Proverbs 16:31(NIV) reminds us that 'Gray hair is a crown of glory, it is gained in a righteous life.' Hopefully we learn through the years from our mistakes and that is why the older you get the better your advice should be. In Titus 2:2-4(NIV) it says 'Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance. Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children.'
Getting older is a gift from God. I grieve for those who have lost babies,children, or teenagers and then get mad at God. I found a verse in Isaiah 57:1(NIV) which says 'The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.' God can use what is seemingly heartbreak and tragedy although it is not recommended you run up to a grieving person and say that.

Today give thanks for each day the Lord has given you and the years ahead. If you are young, whatever age that really is as some folks think 59 is young, then bloom right where you are and do not dread what is ahead.
Do not wait till you are in your twilight years to start reading your Bible. You never know when you will breathe your last breath. Young people,do not think living for Jesus is boring. It is freedom and life! I will end with Proverbs 1:7(KJV) which says 'the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction.'

Today whatever your age say how many years "young" are you and do not think it is a bad thing to get older. It is a blessing from God.

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for each year of life you have given me. Thank you for the lessons I have learned through mistakes I have made. I choose to stay on the path of righteousness and to look forward to birthdays. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Having come through several years of walking this earth. I have noticed that those who are the happiest are the ones who appreciate each year God has given them. I took a lot of ribbing when I reached 50. I reacted to those thoughts and jokes. As I have gotten quite a few years beyond that mark, I look at each new birthday as special.

    ReplyDelete