Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 19, 2013

GRATITUDE AND ATTITUDE


It sure is easy to complain about our "lot" in life but have you ever stopped for a moment, especially for my United States readers, and really think about your blessings? We take so much for granted, which saddens me.

This subject came up as a writing topic as I reflected on our healthcare we "currently" enjoy in America and how grateful with my recent snow ski injury, I was able to quickly be seen by top notch medical doctors and physical therapists with little or no wait. In my case am grateful I have pretty much the same mobility as I know for many that is not always the case. Indeed it made me grateful first for mobility, having legs, being able to be seen by a doctor quickly and so much more.


Philippians 2:14-15(NLT) says 'Do all things without complaining and arguing so that no one can criticize you. Live clean innocent lives as children of God shining as bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.' This would mean do not complain about the things you don't have but thank Him for what you are blessed with.
Nick Vujivic, who I have written about before, has no limbs. None. No arms, no legs. His ministry is "Life Without Limbs". Here is a young man who initially may have been depressed but he overcame an immense disability and turned it into an ability and a ministry reaching out to millions. Check out his website at www.lifewithoutlimbs.org. It is truly inspiring to hear him. Today he is on the last ten minutes of "Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer". Check www.joycemeyer.org for times in your area.

Do a gratitude exercise today. Get paper and start listing all the things you are grateful for. Not all the things you are "entitled" to as we are not entitled to anything. Just start writing down all the blessings in your life from the smallest things such as being able to hear chirping birds sing or being able to eat without a feeding tube. Let your mind rest and be able to think. I hope you come up with pages and pages.
Lamentations 3:22-23(NIV) are two of my favorite verses and they say 'Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness.' When you are praying why not repeat that verse as part of your prayer. Psalm 68:19(NIV) says 'Bless the Lord who daily loads us with benefits.' I say to that "Hallelujah!"


He indeed loads us with blessings that we so often fail to say thank you. Take time today and give God the glory for all the great things he has done.

PRAYER: Today Lord I am overwhelmed by your goodness to me. I often times am humanly undeserving of your mercies and abundance you pour out on me. Material things are nice but your love and kindness to me is worth so much more. In Jesus' name.Amen.
Click the link below and praise the Lord for His goodness to you.

1 comment:

  1. I am doing 1,000 gifts which remind me to be grateful and thankful to God for those gifts He gives me. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete