Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

SNOW CONES ARE DECEIVING AND OTHER TRICKS

Last week I was  blessed to spend an entire week in Tulsa with my sister and her family and had a wonderful time. One of the things we did was to go to a very popular hang out that had all sorts of flavors of snow cones. I have been extra careful in the past year watching what calories I put in my mouth but somehow these tiny cups of ice with a squirt or two of flavor on top of them hardly seemed like anything. Wow was I surprised when I looked up the calories later in my fitness ap.Yikes, who would've thought they were so many calories!

Sin is kind of like that snow cone. It may look good and appealing and you may feel like it will not harm you or it is only a "little sin" but to God sin is sin. Sinful things can come wrapped in beautiful packages too in order to captivate and lure you off the course God has set for you. 

2 Corinthians 7:14(NIV) says 'And no wonder for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light'. When you celebrate Halloween you are masquerading in a costume as someone or something else. You are hidden. Well Satan hides himself in many foolish pleasures as he is after your very soul. He wants you to be consumed with the world and not God. He tries to trap and ensnare you. You are tempted to lie, cheat, steal, go someplace you would never tell your own mom, or engage in risky behavior. The devil loves it when you do. He is evil and God is good.

Romans 12:2(NIV) is a good memory verse to help you stay in tune with God. It says '
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.'

Are you living and walking with Jesus or caught up in things that would bring shame upon his name? Are you trapped in a lifestyle or have done something you think you can never escape from? First of all God is waiting for you to confess your sins to Him. He wants you to be doing things for His kingdom, not Satan's.

1 John 1:9(NIV) says 'If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and purify  us from all unrighteousness.'  Can you do that today?

PRAYER: Thank you Lord that I have forgiveness from you. No matter what I did in my past you have forgotten it. Keep me on the right path of life. Convict me of my sins. The devil tries to distract me and I will resist and rebuke him. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment