Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

LOST KEYS? NO BIG DEAL!

Every adult sooner or later has misplaced the keys to their car either accidentally or by locking them in the car. The natural reaction is to stress and get hyper. Getting agitated over this does not solve the problem or nor does it help get your keys magically back. When you do this try to remain in control and calm.

The other day I did just this. I went to the bank and somehow had placed my car keys on the passenger seat then pushed auto lock not thinking. Sometimes rushing around is what causes us to lose them in the first place. When I had this happen this time I must have turned over a "new leaf" so to speak as when I had to use the bank phone the bank employee says to me 'I can't believe you are so calm". Wow I can not believe someone noticed. Maybe that meant I was actually learning to be at peace.
It takes patience, prayer, practice, and letting God have the controls to be able to not worry or stress. This "key thing" is just one example of something minor that seems major at the time and can distract you and get you extremely agitated. If you have this problem how do you overcome it and begin to relax?
First you need to take a breath then you need to pray. Next realize all the worrying in the world will not change anything so you may as well seek peace and take a breath.
Psalm 34:13-15(NKJV) reminds us 'Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.' Do you believe this? It takes practice and God's help to remain in control of your emotions. Satan is the great "frazzler" of nerves and Jesus is the gateway to a peaceful life. Trust Him today.
PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the times in my life that things happen as I need to have times to practice your presence and not be sent off the "deep end" and start fretting. I choose this day to allow you to work in my heart and bring peace. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment