Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, May 17, 2013

DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS



Back when I was in grade school in the "olden days" as some children and young people today would like to think, on our grade cards there was a section on behavior and one of the categories said "Doesn't play well with others". Thankfully I never had this block checked but it gave me an idea for a devotion.
Do you "play well with others" or are you self centered, rude, hurtful, selfish, hateful, unkind, and harsh? Only you know. Do you do things to try to make you look good at the expense of others? Are you a bragger or do you exercise humility? Do you put others before yourself? Do you refuse to forgive and show love?

The world around us is all about number one, me, myself, and I. Magazines even have titles such as "Self". Facebook is nice to share pictures and a good way to keep in touch but if we are not careful we can get self consumed on it. Thinking of number one can occupy most people's time.


Are you able to share? Are you able to let someone go ahead of you? Do you do nice things for others or do you expect people to help you all the time? The more kind, generous, and humble you are the more pleasant you are to be around.
Satan wants you to be self consumed. He wants you to be rude. He wants you to "walk over" others to get ahead. He wants you to be evil and arrogant. He wants you to be a big bully. He wants you to refuse to forgive. But I bet you can guess what God wants?


1 Peter 3:8(NIV) says 'Finally all of you, be like minded, be sympathetic,love one another, be compassionate and humble.' It is never too late to start. If you have trampled people or hurt them go apologize. Treat others like you want to be treated is a good rule of thumb. Now go out and be nice!

PRAYER: Today Lord I choose to be kind for you. Forgive me if I have ever bragged or been less than humble. I want you to be first, others second, and myself last. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment