Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

GRADUATION DAY

This is the time of year that lots of graduations are occurring. High school, college, graduate school, medical school and even kindergarten and eighth grades often times have graduations. It is a special time families look forward to almost as much as the individual graduating! Receptions, open houses, and parties are held in honor of the graduate.
Another even more "special graduation" awaits the believer who has accepted Jesus Christ into their heart as Lord and savior and that is our "graduation" into the heavenly kingdom. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 2:9(NIV) that '
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him' or in other words as there is no way a human can possibly conceive of what awaits those who have asked Jesus into their hearts. In Isaiah 65:17(NIV) it says 'see I will create new heaven and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered nor will they come to mind.'
In our mere human minds we often wonder if "papa or mama are looking down on us" but apparently they are overcome by the beauty and grandeur of the heavenly kingdom it sounds like by this verse.


Are you ready for heaven? There have been stories told of believers who have died and miraculously been brought back to life after getting a glimpse of heaven and wished they could have stayed. We friends and family members want our loved ones to live, and rightfully so, but it sounds like by these stories that they are much better off in the splendor that awaits us with Jesus. Everything down here is so temporary. Heaven is forever. It is eternity. I did not ask if you were a church member or have been baptized. In Matthew 7:21-23(NIV) it says 'Not everyone who says to me "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day "Lord Lord did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?" and I will tell them plainly "I never knew you. Away from me you evil doers."' I am not saying this to scare anyone but to truly search your heart. There is not one special denomination that has all the answers. Many people do lots of good "church things" but their heart really is not right with the Lord.

James 1:12(NIV) says 'Blessed is the one who has persevered under trial for having stood the test that person will receive the crown of life that is promised to those who love him. '
Many denominations think their way is the only way to heaven. I have news for you. There will no doubt be many surprises in heaven. We human "judges" think we have all the answers and even wonder at someone's death if they "got in". It is not our job to do that. We simply pray. I remember many years ago hearing a friend relate to me how this elderly woman had said to her mom that she did not think it was "fair" for someone to have a "death bed conversion" when she had served Jesus almost all her life. Say what? Like I said, there will be surprises in heaven. Murderers, thieves, rapists, those who committed suicide, and all sorts of people we humans like to say "probably did not get in". If they asked God to forgive them and asked them into their heart they are redeemed and set free.

We all have sinned. There is not a big chart classifying which is "the ultimate worst one". We humans do that, not God. 1 Corinthians 6:11(NIV) says 'And such were some of you but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.'


Have you asked Jesus into your heart? Are you ready for your "heavenly graduation day"? In Hebrews 3:15(ESV) 'As it is said "Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as you did in the rebellion."'
Do you hear God's voice? Do you want to? If only you could stop and make time for Him today. If you are not sure you have asked Him into your heart it is a simple prayer. "Lord Jesus forgive me for doing my own thing. Forgive me Lord for shutting you out. I want you to come in and live in my heart today." Next find a growing dynamic church where you can grow in Christ and one that shows love and forgiveness. Finally get into your Bible each day and get to know Jesus better. You can not "know" friends without spending time with them. Same with Jesus. It is not just one hour on Sunday. Get ready to graduate!!


PRAYER: Today Lord I thank you for being my Lord and savior. Forgive me if I have made judgments on where another person stood or whether or not they would go to heaven because of something they had done. I do not know their heart. I want to know you better and I know that Satan does not want me to. I choose this day to live for you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Click on link for an awesome praise song.
http://youtu.be/9La_4svq8JI

No comments:

Post a Comment