Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 20, 2013

CONNECTIONS

 
In my travels I get a kick out of everyone on their portable "life saving devices" or at least that is what we modern era folks look like constantly thinking we have to be connected. People almost look like robots rushing through concourses at various airports constantly on these little devices. Oh what on earth will someone do if they can not get you on the phone? How did we manage to survive without our communication devices 24/7 before this?

Every now and then you should seek to find peace without being "connected" all the time. It is necessary to just get away at times and just relax. You do not need to know every friends' Facebook status. Life will still go on.
When thinking of being connected, I was thinking our best and most important connection is with Jesus, yet how many of us fail to even give him any time in our day? We rush about doing all sorts of "necessary" things without even caring to have the power to resist Satan by getting daily into the word of God for a dose of the truth.
Are you guilty of putting God on "hold"? Right now you can change that. How much time do you spend on your wireless devices? Maybe try to budget your time and give Jesus some too. Do not make it legalistic in the sense you are just checking a block. But sincerely ask God to help you make time for Him and give your device a break for a while.
Isaiah 26:3(NIV) says 'You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.'

PRAYER: Lord Jesus it is my desire to let you be my biggest "connection". I know I have been at fault in neglecting time with you as I give more and more time to all the little "communication toys" I own. It is my desire to grow more in Christ and let you have first place. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment