Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

CEASE STRIVING




What has got you all "wound up" inside? Is it trying to get a new title or name plate on your desk? Perhaps you are a stay home mom being told you don't do much and you feel bad about yourself even though you know God called you there?  Maybe it is a money issue that has got you concerned and desperate? A friend has unfriended you on Facebook and you do not know why? Is it maybe our world situation? Hopefully it is not a marriage problem. Whatever it is, God truly cares for you and loves you. Remember you are His child! You can talk to Him about it 24/7 as He is never off duty. 

Psalm 46:10(NIV) it says 'Be still and know that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.'  Can you be still? Can you trust God to bring you peace only He can?  The enemy of our souls, Satan, is the one who wants you all caught up in this world and it's problems. In the New American Standard Bible the translation reads 'Cease striving and know that I am God.'  Are you able to trust God for the details of your life and not worry about other people? 

Psalm 39:5(NIV) says 'You have made my days a near handbreadth, the span of my years is nothing before you.Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.'  Ecclesiastes 1:11(NIV) puts it this way.'No one remembers the former generations, and even those  yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them.'  So why the chaos and stress. Pray to God and go where He calls you but do not get yourself all fretful. God will see you through. Whatever you do the most important thing is to impact this world around you for Christ. If that is at home as a mom you have the most important job and that is raising that little one to love Jesus. 

Whatever you are striving for let go and let God guide you.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus there are times I do things that seem futile or I worry about what others think. The only person I need to please is my Father in Heaven. Help me remember that as I journey throughout my life.In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment