Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

ARE YOU CONTENT?

What makes you happy? Do your possessions make you happy? Does your "stuff" bring you joy? If all your "things" blew away in a tornado,were destroyed in a flood or fire, or were stolen could you still be content? If everything you owned were gone in an instant would you not know what to do with yourself?
In Philippians 4:12(NIV) it says 'I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.' Can you make this verse sort of your "marching order" and try to live a life bringing to glory to God without worrying about your possessions?
1 Timothy 6:6(NIV) reminds us 'But godliness with contentment is great gain'. In Luke 12:18-21(NIV) we see a story of a the rich fool who seemingly was not worried as he had things set aside to make him comfortable. These verses say 'Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
Where is your heart? Are your things or your hobbies more important than serving the Lord? Only you can answer that question.
PRAYER: Father forgive me when I have worried about my "stuff" and not been content with just the fact that you will take care of my needs. Help me remember things will not get me into heaven but loving you and being willing to take up my cross and follow you will. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click on link below for an awesome song to get your day going! Happy Saturday! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment