Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 16, 2011

FEELING BLAH!! START PRAISING GOD!!

Are you having a bad day? Do you just feel down in the dumps? Feeling bad about something you have no control over? When things are not going well or you are feeling 'out of it" do not let your feelings control you. Feelings are only temporary. Start praising God and you will start feeling joyful. Sometimes humanly we have all the reason in the world to throw ourselves a gigantic pity party but instead try thanking the Lord for your many blessings and things he has given you. Try even thanking him for 'trying' situations as they help make you stronger in the long run.

Practice the power of praise to escape from your 'pit'. When you feed your spirit with negativity naturally it will stay negative but if you wake up feeling 'blah' and not looking forward to your day just say "Lord I thank you for another day of life. I thank you for my health. I thank you for friends and family. I thank you for money to spend to buy things I need." You get the point. Just try to stay positive. You have maybe heard the lyrics to the hymn that says "Count your many blessings name them one by one,then it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

Job 1:21 say "and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."
So today wake up and 'seize the day" not being grumpy and gloomy but be a morning person even if you do not feel like it. Say Lord "This is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." (See Psalm 118:24).

PRAYER: Father I thank you for all situations in my life both good and not so good that help mold me and shape me. It is my desire Lord to stay positive and focused on things that build up and not tear down. Help my to keep my light shining so I can help draw others closer to you. In Jesus Name. Amen.

(note: Sorry this is coming out at end of the day. I have my sister in town and been out with her all day.)


http://youtu.be/Ji2rLXr3cEU

No comments:

Post a Comment