Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FOLLOW JESUS

Who do you follow? Do you follow the ways of the world and are conformed to the world? If you are a believer in Christ it says in scripture to not be conformed to this world. (see Romans 12:1-2). We are to be in  the world but not of the world. This world is not our real home. This is a temporary stop over until we reach the heavenly kingdom He has prepared for those who love him and follow him.

I feel too many Christians are what I have heard called 'secret service Christians' where they really do not want to get too serious about the whole thing and maybe do not want to do too many things that are too 'Christiany". In Mark 8:38 it says "to be not ashamed of Christ or He will be ashamed of you when he comes back." To live for the Lord we are to take up our cross daily and follow him. Luke 9:23 says " Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."

Are you serving the Lord with gladness and sharing His love with those you come in contact with on a daily basis? This does not mean you have to witness to folks constantly but are you showing love and respect to people God places in your path daily? Let your lifestyle be a witness.

May I challenge each reader today to follow the ways of the Lord and seek to find ways to share the love of wherever you go. Remember Jesus said to his disciples in Matthew 4:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

PRAYER: Lord today it is my desire to follow you and share your love with those I come in contact with. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment