Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

PRAY FOR THE NATION

Today across this great land of ours we observe the National Day of Prayer (http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org/). This almost did not happen. There was a lawsuit trying to get it stopped. But we won the battle and for now prayer is still safe, at least on this day. We know what happened when it was removed from the public school system. There will be forces of evil out there trying to remove God and prayer. Prayer is powerful and those who want to abolish this special day know that.
We in America have it so good. We are 'fat and happy' so to speak and often times forget God in the process of our prosperity. This past week in Alabama the horrendous outbreak of tornado's caused many victims and volunteers alike to understand first hand what was really important in life. Big houses, fancy cars, lots of stuff, prestigious jobs, wonderful hobbies all pale in comparison to having life and serving Jesus. I spoke to many storm victims this past weekend whose common theme seemed to be 'thanking the Lord for sparing them'. Their earthly homes were in shambles.
Psalm 91:2 is one of the verses used by the presidential prayer team today (http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/) and it says " I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." With all that  is happening in our world today, not just the storms that ravaged this area, but other things like a government trying to take our freedoms away, we have to trust in the Lord. We need to continually be praying for the Lord God Almighty to work things out. He has a plan better than what we could imagine. We should pray every day and remember to lift up those who are supposed to be our representatives in Washington, who often dictate but do not 'represent'.
The National Day of Prayer has been happening since 1952. We come together on this day praying for our nation, its' military, and its' leaders. You may not be able, for whatever reason, to join in a formal group of those praying today but go to the websites above and take some time to pray for our country and its' leaders.
The Lord is our fortress. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." What is it going to take to get America to wake up and turn to God? Psalm 18:2 says "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Is the Lord the strength of your life? Do you truly serve him and know him or is he some historical figure or distant in your life? Come to him today and humble yourselves and pray and seek his face, not just on National Day of Prayer but every day.

PRAYER: Father we thank you for freedom. We thank you for living in America where we can openly read our Bible. We thank you for abundant blessings. Father we ask that we stop this day to give you thanks and praise for the gift of life and the wondrous things you have given us. We pray for our leaders to have their hearts turned to you. We pray for more than just leaders to be 'church members' but to truly love God and serve him and pray  to Jesus daily before they attempt to lead this land. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://youtu.be/SNdxdCK-wiA

No comments:

Post a Comment