Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE

One of the things in relationships is sometimes we can not forget being wronged or we think we have to bring something up that nothing can be done about anymore. As I say it is 'water under the bridge' and will do no one any good. It just causes a break in a relationship and opens a wound, so to speak, and causes it to fester. Nothing good comes from it. You may be the recipient of someone who can not seem to let a fault or error go. You just have to turn them and the situation over to the Lord. That is all you can do. Nothing can change something that has already happened. Even if you know you are right you just have to move on or you will only keep stoking the fire of arguments. It is better to have a gentle and quiet spirit and let God be in charge.

Try to  let things go and not always try to prove you are right. Especially in a marriage relationship. If you go on and on and keep bickering it does not one bit of good and can cause the flame of love to die out. 1 Peter 3:4 is directed to wives mainly of unbelievers but we all could learn a lesson from it. It says "but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God." Is your spirit gentle and quiet? Do you rush to prove your point?

Back to one of my all time favorite relationship verses and that is James 1:19 which says "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry". I feel this is a perfect Bible verse for a young couple about to be married to build their life together on. If you start to get angry stop right then and there and realize it is the enemy out to destroy your relationship and stop and pray. Proverbs 10:19 says "When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable,
But he who restrains his lips is wise."

Let the past and its' mistakes go and learn from them. In 1 Corinthians 13:5 mentions love not keeping a 'record of wrongs'. Practice that and your life will be so much better. Staying focused on God and reading his word daily is so important to staying grounded and focused. Do not let your life get so busy you crowd out God.

Isaiah 43:18-19 says "Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it?I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,Rivers in the desert." Philippians 3:13 tells us " Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead." So focus on what lies ahead and the things in the past are behind you. If others try to remind you just give them to God and do not respond back. To God Be The Glory!


PRAYER: Father right now in Jesus name I choose to let go of any hurts from the past that have burdened me and also I choose to not let others bother me who continually want to remind me of my mistakes. I know Satan is the accuser of the brethren(see Revelation 12:10) and by your love I am set free to live a new life in you. I thank you Lord for the wonderful life you have given me, in Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment