Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'M STILL HERE

Yesterday was the supposed day someone predicted the last day on Earth. Many take things like this seriously and make plans. I jokingly told the manager of the fitness center I go to at Redstone Arsenal that the roaring noise of the 13 year Cicada insects outside sounded like alien spaceships and was probably forming to beam us up on the 21st. I told him if I did not come back from my run they probably captured me. Of course we were joking and got a good laugh about it. I came back and told him the aliens wanted people younger than thirty so I was spared. Ha. Well it is Sunday the 22nd and we are all still here.

No one knows when the end of time will be. There are sure lots of signs leading up to Jesus coming back soon. But in the Bible it says in Matthew 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

People have been speculating and fear mongering on this topic for years. It sells lots of gossip newspapers at the grocery checkout that is for sure. But as believers we know to not believe the nonsense and trust that God is going to come back when he is ready and we do not know when that time is. Another person is saying in 2012 that is the end. Go back to the scripture above. No one knows the day nor the hour.
Matthew 25:13 says "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."  Matthew 24:41 says "Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." Not everyone is going to be taken but only those who have trusted Jesus as their saviour. Are you ready if He should come back today? Have you asked Jesus to take the controls and be Lord of your life?

PRAYER: Father help me live each day as if you are coming back tomorrow. Help me to be careful what I do and what I say. Thank you for the promise of your heavenly kingdom which I look forward to entering when my time on this earth is over. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment