Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

RUN, WALK, REST, SHINE

As a Christian there are many things we are to do that require action.

First,run the race to win.We are to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. I am a runner and I know in the past in the races I have run I do not turn around to see who is behind me but just keep looking forward to the finish line. 1 Corinthians 9:24 says "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." Hebrews 12:1-2 says "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Next we are to walk the walk worthy of Christ. Colossians 2:6 says ""As you therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk with Him" . Deuteronomy 5:33 says "Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess."

We are to also enter into his rest. Wait just a minute. You want me to run? Next you tell me to walk. Then now I am to rest? Psalm 37:7 says "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass." Resting involves recharging your 'spiritual battery" so to speak. Allowing yourself to not rush, rush, rush all the time leaving no time for quiet time and renewal.

Finally we are to shine for Jesus. Matthew 5:16 says " in the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Isaiah 60:1 says "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

There you have it. All those things combined give you an active life with Jesus. Run, Walk, Rest, Shine and do it with joy.

PRAYER: Thank you that I can let my light shine for you wherever my feet carry me today. I want to run, walk, rest in you and Shine for you wherever it is I am during my day. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment