Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

I’m Good Enough, Smart Enough, And Gosh Darn It People Like Me

 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:3

I was doing ‘kids yoga’ one day with my 6 year old granddaughter with she as the leader. She could bend and flex better than me. At the end she says something about being peaceful so I said to her you know you are good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people and God like you.
First off yoga has its roots in Hinduism and is not a Christian exercise class as it attempts to make you one with the universe. My prayer is because it looks innocent and fun and healthy the meditating part is what it dangerous, that people I know and love will not have their minds muddled by the chants or meditation. Don’t get me wrong I have gone less than 10 times to yoga but just something about it didn’t set well with me. The Holy Spirit was speaking to me.
In 1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit says clearly that in later times some believers will desert the Christian faith. They will follow spirits that deceive, and they will believe the teachings of demons. Beware and be on your guard to not get into an activity to meditate. If anything meditate on God’s word and pray for him to reveal the truth.
PRAYER: Lord so many things look good on the surface but underneath are the underpinnings of evil. Help me be alert and aware and not cave to popular opinion. Help Christ followers clearly examine their hearts on this area. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment