Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, April 3, 2020

God Is My Hiding Place



For You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.’ (Psalm 32:7-8)

Sometimes it takes something pretty drastic to wake up people. 911 was one and now Coronavirus is upon us. Never could anyone imagine America being shut down almost entirely. But here we are the new normal for now. How do you deal with this? Some are grateful to still be working from home offices or be in a critical need job where life goes on a little bit chaotic but it still is happening. Churches are making the most of it with live services online and through Facebook. 

The first thing most people fear is not having enough money. Big concern but God is your main provider. During this time all of us are learning to be still. Be grateful too and hopefully never take things for granted. You can watch church online now so there are many throughout the nation doing this. Maybe call people you have not talked to in a while. 

The main thing is to keep your spirits lifted up and don’t waste too much time on the nonsense that can be social media. Perhaps get some paper out and actually write a letter to someone. Start a new hobby. See if your church has a service project you could maybe help with. It is a challenge for all of us. Do the best you can to follow the guidelines even if you don’t understand why. Stay emotionally healthy. Get a good book to read. Go for a walk.This is not going to be forever. And be nice to those you live with. Now go be creative. 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for loving me. I thank you for being my provider. I thank you for the storms of life for in them I learn to appreciate things. Give each person strength, wisdom, and love during these unusual times we are in. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Click link for a song of worship to get through these challenging  times:https://youtu.be/cHoGEDQQ67o

No comments:

Post a Comment