Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Did You Take Your Medicine?

         I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.Psalm 63:8

If a person has a medical issue that requires life sustaining medicine such as Synthroid for instance or blood pressure medication they would never think of skipping it and all measures are made to insure it is not forgotten or trouble could ensue. Dated pill boxes are used to remind on each day of the week this has to be taken.

Maybe there needs to be a pillbox for your Bible to remind you to ‘take your daily dose’ of God’s medicine before entering the ‘battlefield’ so you will be protected, nourished, and armed. Perhaps you already have a routine and it is prioritized above anything else like your morning paper or the bad habit of news watching first. 

Spring from bed, say thanks to God for giving you life, grab a favorite morning beverage and nestle in to a favorite chair in a quiet place. This could even be outside somewhere depending on where you live and what the weather is like. Establish a routine of ingesting your spiritual medicine first thing in the morning in order to have a healthy day ahead. 

PRAYER: I need my dose of your word daily. Forgive me and redirect my morning steps when I tend to lean towards secular television to get my morning going more than I do your word. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment