Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Bad Day/Good Day


For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Matthew 12:40

Have you ever had a super bad day one you just wish had not happened? Well Good Friday was not ‘good’ for Jesus who knew he was facing a cruel death on a cross but for believers it was a time to know we could rejoice in three days as He would rise from the dead.

You are not due to be crucified this day but you may feel like it at times. Jesus was mocked, spat upon, stripped of his garments, ridiculed, tortured, beaten and then nailed to a cross between two thieves and left to die. Left there in the sun, with birds probably flying down around the dripping blood, who knows. Razor sharp thorns pierced his scalp. The crowds screaming at him." Hey you saved others so save yourself." A horrible day for him but wonderful for what awaited Him. 

Think about this day. Think about what this entire three day weekend means. Just yesterday I was communicating with a person on Facebook marketplace about an item we were selling and at end of conversation I said "Have a Happy Easter" and this person types back, "Not for me I am an atheist". Bingo. Open door to share an invite to my churches online services which I did. No more response from him after that. What are you doing to further the kingdom of God? Remember it is not just about you but you are to share the love of Christ with those you come into contact with. I will pray for this person who claimed to be an atheist. Who will you be praying for to want to have a closer walk with the Lord?

PRAYER: Father God I thank you for this day. I thank you for the person who witnessed to me. I thank you for parents who took me to church and Sunday School. I thank you for the freedom to speak about you without being locked up. May this day be spent in reference of what it really means. I thank you Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment