Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Don’t Be A Fool Today Or Any Day



They spend their days in wealth, And in a moment go down to the grave. They say to God, ‘Depart for we do not desire the knowledge of Your ways.’Job 21:13-14

What can I say but how many times I have fallen for April Fool’s jokes and feel so stupid afterward. I am not sure where this day originated but it is here. Maybe this year with so much stress going on there will be some light hearted fun.

To be a fool is really not an ideal situation. If you get a Bible concordance out you will find may references to foolish people and none are really flattering.No one likes to be referred to as a fool. It is not a term of endearment by any means. 

A fool does not heed advice. A fool squanders his money. A fool does not listen to God. A fool according to the Bible lacks wisdom, thinks only of himself, mocks sin and sometimes flaunts it, does not fear the Lord at all and often ridicules those who do. Run far away from being a fool! 

PRAYER: I certainly don’t want to be known as a foolish person. Help me listen to your voice and stay away from false teaching and things that tempt me to stray from the truth. Guide my family to also not be foolish. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment