Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 20, 2020

40 Blessing Challenge


The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the  LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."'Numbers 6:24-26
Lots of times you hear about 40 day devotion books, 40 day fast, 40 days of prayer. What I am trying to get readers to do is to make a list in one day, today, of 40 blessings in your life. I know you are blessed. We all are.
To give you a push out the ‘blessing gate’ for starters write down, being born. Yes no matter if you had a cozy cushy relationship with your birth parents, say a big hearty thank you to God for being born because the people who are responsible for bringing you into the world were chosen by God. I will give you number two which most of you could probably right down, clean drinking water. That’s all the freebies from me. Now you are on your own.
God gives each of us so many things we simply don’t appreciate and during the Covid 19 lock in and shut down of life as we know it it is not hard to think of blessings. Should be a pretty easy assignment considering our ‘plight’ right now which really in some ways itself has turned into a blessing. Whoops gave a third one. LOL. Now go out and bless another today ok. Don’t forget to get out a piece of paper later today or now and make your blessing list.
 PRAYER: Oh Lord I seek you today as a person seeks for water in the dessert. Thank you for so many things. I lift up those who don’t know you or completely don’t believe in you. Help me as I go about my day today to bring hope to another with simply kindness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is so good a challenge. I had to share it on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete