Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Tooting Your Horn?

 

Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.Matthew 5:15-17
Do you ever feel like you want people to know what you do when you do something good? Facebook is a great tool for ‘horn tooters’ worldwide and I imagine many have been guilty of ‘picking up their horn’ a few times but why?
Recently I decided to fast social media but see right there I am announcing and telling my reading audience of the marvelous deed I am doing restraining myself from stalking Facebook to somehow maybe make others feel bad or to make me feel better, who knows. I can assure you that is not my intent I don’t think?
So you can fast certain things, do a good deed for someone, volunteer somewhere but the point is everyone does not need to know because God knows and that is all that matters.
PRAYER: Lord you are beautiful your face is all I seek. As I navigate my route here on Earth use me to make a difference and instill me with a humble spirit. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment