Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Is Your Light Shining Bright, Dim, Flickering or Hidden?


You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28

Many who grew up in Sunday school may remember the children’s song ‘This little light of mine’ which basically taught young children to not be ashamed of Jesus. 

If you are a believer you are to be like a city set on a hill that can not be hidden for instance  picture Manhattan(NYC) at night to get the word picture. Be that bright, Times Square and all!  You are not to be ashamed and choose to be one way with one group of people and totally different with others. 

How is your light? Do people know you are different? Can they tell you are a believer or do you compromise your walk or try to snuff out your light sometimes? Never be ashamed but brightly shine God’s love to everyone you encounter. It is going to be a bright, bright, sun shiny day! 

PRAYER: I want to say I am sorry if I have ever tried to dim my light depending on where I am. Once a person accepts Christ the job for them just begins and that is to shine for Jesus’ to try to win others into the kingdom. Help me do kingdom work wherever I go. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment