Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Gobblygook

 

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:1
The term that is today’s title to me refers to just the mundane, the everyday, the not so much of a priority. As I sat at 35000 feet on a flight attempting to connect with wi fi I thought of this word.
Why do we have the urge to constantly be doing? Messed up with ‘gobblygook’ I would call it. What is so awful about doing nothing, pondering, journaling, or even taking a nap?
No wonder blood pressure is high and other health issues burden people. Being still is an art. Clearing your mind. Focusing intentionally on the goodness of God and how He is blessing your life. Try it sometime. Give up all the ‘gobblygook’ and just be still.
PRAYER: I love to be able to clear my mind and not let wrong thoughts and nonsense enter in. I want to choose joy and peace so help me as I journey forth Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment