Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 23, 2021

Thorn Bushes Will Get You



“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41

As I was picking blackberries on my local greenway trail I had to be very cautious or else I would be pricked by a thorn when going for the luscious fruit.

In your life at times you might be going for good things and the enemy reaches out and sticks you too. You cautiously go through life but there may be a challenge here, a hardship there sort of like those thorns on the berry bushes. You press on because you know what awaits you. 

As you navigate through life indeed there will be some storms, some disappointments, some ups and then a few downs. All of this helps you grow but you have to be careful not to let the thorns of life keep you away from God and what he has in store. 

PRAYER: I choose to watch my step as I keep on the course you have planned for me staying away from ‘quicksand’, sand traps, thorns, swamps, pits, and everything that tries to get me to stop running hard after you. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment