Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Autopliot Christianity

 


And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ Luke 12:19

Not sure where I heard this term but thought it would make a nifty title to build a devotion on. Think about it. Autopilot. What does it do and why is it used?

For airplanes a plane can be put on autopilot in certain cases where there is not weather issues and such. Nowadays cars are being developed that are driverless and I am not sure I would ever want one. Kind of a way to not have to worry about driving but I would be more concerned that that robotic systems would fail. 

As a believer are you ever on autopilot or in other words so comfortable with your daily routine reading scripture and praying it becomes so commonplace it is not exciting? Never let that happen. Stay ‘engaged’ and don’t coast through being spoon fed and become lethargic. 

PRAYER:Father I know there have been times I have been lazy about my walk with you and am more talk than action. Help me ignore distractions which seem to steer me into a worldly direction and not the direction of following Christ. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment