Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Upstream In A Downstream World

If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them.James 4:17

Do you ever feel you are swimming against a very strong cultural current which may be popular but certainly is not necessarily right?

There was a saying I heard once that what is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular. Ponder that for a moment. It is sometimes to take a stand for what you know is right according to Biblical reasons and backed up by scripture but when the current world has totally different values you may feel outnumbered.

If you are not careful and don’t stay in scripture you too could easily be sucked into this frenzy of wrong debased thinking. Don’t laugh because Satan is out to trip people up, get them to compromise what they know deep down is right, and one of the biggest keys is you absolutely must spend time in the word of God each and every day. Where do you spend most of your time the first hour of your waking moments? Social media, watching morning news, reading the paper. You can see if you are not immersing yourself in truth from the word it is easy to believe the world’s lies. My friend push hard against that current that seeks to have you drown in cultural lies. Press on for the truth found only in God’s holy word.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord for the times I have totally wasted my morning and have started caving into the popular cultural and its’ tricks and deception. I pray for anyone I know who is caught up in this or also anyone who loves their denomination more than God Himself and His word. Keep me on the path to righteousness Lord and help me to bring others with me and not deter them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment