Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Being Still In A Frantic World



He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
Covid, race riots, politics, masks oh my! Man is that enough to make your head spin! First of all let me say this disclaimer, this is not a political devotion but it is my hope will instill some peace in those who read whether or not they are Republican or Democrat, black or white, gay or straight, rich or poor, agnostic or a believer. Jesus loves us all, period. He does not condone certain things but says “let he who is without sin cast the first stone” and says to her “now go and sin no more” if you recall from the woman caught in adultery. (John 7:53-8:11)

Don’t let the current atmosphere of craziness make you lose touch with those who love you. Don’t try to debate people especially on social media and I encourage believers to stop the ugliness on Facebook and Twitter cause it only divides and agitates and hurts your witness.

Keep centered on Christ. Get up each day in peace and quietness and don’t run and flip on TV news instead put on some worship music. Stop and get on your knees if you are able and just sing praises to God. Stay off Facebook unless you plan to post something uplifting to build others up. Resist the temptation to debate junk on there and instead pray. Let’s set a new normal of kindness in a mixed up world.

PRAYER: Help me Father as I seek to glorify you in ALL I say and do. Convict those people who have posted not so kind things on social media to take the high road and instead pray and let you handle it. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: This are very good thoughts to practice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete