Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Respond In A Way That Honors God



And I declare to you that you are Peter, and that upon this Rock I will build my Church, and the might of Hades shall not triumph over it. Matthew 16:18

My heart aches right now over a social media incident that the person who ‘liked’ a post of someone who is controversial because of being conservative and now vultures were waiting in the wings to not only try to destroy him but a very growing dynamic church with worldwide influence and many US campuses as well. The devil is alive my friend and he hates when God’s work is being done and people are being set free. 

There are those individuals who judge growing non denominational churches and love it when stuff like this happens to try to close them down. This incident speaks loudly of why it is essential to stay off social media especially if there are people waiting for you to mess up. It also shows why it is critical for the body of Christ to keep their pastor and ministry team lifted up in prayer as the enemy is always looking for an opening to destroy a vital growing church that wins thousands to Christ.

You may not be a preacher, Sunday school teacher, prayer group leader, or group leaders in your church but do the things you say and do bring people closer to Christ or draw them away. Yours truly has to ask this question and often deletes things. You may feel passionate about something but better to put the lid on this before an outburst on social media causes anger and disruption. Seek for what brings peace and love one another. Don’t try to win every battle. Pray for the wounded too. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord as I seek to draw people to you not to prove a point. Help me know when to remain silent and when to speak up. Your love is all that matters. Forgive me when I have hurt my witness by debating people. Let me walk in love towards all people. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I was reminded of Matthew 5:8 this morning when our preacher called with his daily message. As followers of Jesus, we are to reflect Him. We can only do that when we do as you say, when we honor God with our actions and our words.

    ReplyDelete